This is a small but clean marina, laundry and showers are all well kept. The staff very helpful and friendly, we even have the daily paper delivered to our boat every morning. There is a PiglyWigly, pharmacy, a nice shopping area with a variety of small shops and restaurants, all within a comfortable walk.
The following day we went and picked up the new alternator, only a five minute walk, good thing because it is very heavy. Installed the alternator (I'm an expert by now) and it all works just fine now, I know I said that before, but this time I'm sure we are all set.
Have met several cruisers here and had a good time sharing information and sea tales. This is a popuplar place to stage for the jump to Clearwater. Most are waiting for the weather to clear, we have a strong front coming thru in the next day or so, heavy rain and strong winds.
Marty and Ken are in Carrabelle and came down to visit us for the day, had met them in Long Beach, they are on the S.V. Carolina.
The grand kids are out on vacation, so Kathy made arrangements to have them join us for a couple of weeks. We are really excited, I know it has not been that long, but we do really miss them. They should be here Saturday or Sunday. Hope to be underway by Monday and head to Carrabelle, it is a 12 to 15hr trip, I'm sure the kids will enjoy.
The strong front moved thru here early Friday morning, we fared well in the harbor, but lots of damage reports inland, trees down, tornado and flooding. The first line came in at 6:00am and another heavy band passed over us at 8:00pm. Looks like fair weather after these.

No comments:
Post a Comment